Saturday 7 April 2007

week 6 - missed it

I was not able to teach on the last week of the term. My son had cried all night and I was exhausted with too much work. I realized that it would have been a bad idea to try teach at school. Even then I felt a bit of shame...

On the same day I had to teach at University. I was so tired that I started my lecture (I have about 50 students) and after the 3rd slide one of the students raises his hand and says 'sir, you forgot to turn on the data projector', I had been looking at my slides on my computer screen but students were looking at a blank projection....

Tomorrow I'm going on a 1 week retreat. My wife has been very kind in letting me go. I know that is not going to be easy for her to cope by herself with her work and the baby.
I'm very much looking forward for the retreat. I hope it will give me the energy and wisdom to be a better teacher, both at school and with my son.

Yesterday we sat with him and my wife. It was very nice. He played quietly for a while, and when we chanted he listened quietly. Then fall asleep with his bottle of milk. My son is one year old.

No comments: