Tuesday 14 August 2007

New volunteer

I have not been able to post much recently. Life has been pretty hectic.

A few weeks ago I asked the nun in charge o the Vietnamese temple in Marrickville if she could come to our class one week. She replied that they were very buys lately trying to gather enough funds o buy the house next door so to be able to enlarge the temple (sounds familiar ... half of Sydney is in the same race). Luckily she referred me to Anna, a lovely lady that visits the temple and has been a devotee all her life.

Anna has been coming to our class for the last two weeks. It is a big effort for her, since she lives in Maroubra, so she has like an hour trip each way, to come and teach with me for only 1 hour!

She was really nice and the kids loved the wodden chanting bell, the Tibetan prayer/'spinner' and the images, all with nice explanations on what they meant.
It is interesting how they engage so much more with this practical items. Anyway, they are actually asking for meditation, so every day we have at least 10min of sitting.

Last week the CD recorder did not work so I could not play Bhante's metta CD. I improvised (I'm getting better at it) and actually guided the meditation.
I was so deeply into it, just as when I have a long and 'productive' sitting session.
I felt the same happiness, lightness and freedom/detachment that one feels when meditating. It was great.

No comments: