Wednesday 7 March 2007

feedback

Tomorrow is my next class and I have decided to not include any new activity. We will only be working on sitting and filling/coloring the stories that we did in the last couple of weeks. I am keen in seeing how far we can go with the sitting. Hopefully the discipline will be fine...

I was thinking that with fewer requirements I might actually be able to achieve more. For what is it that we want them to learn. To calm their minds and to live better lives following the eightfold path.

Interestingly when I asked the older ones, what did they want to learn, the said things like 'about Buddha', 'who is the Buddha', etc. It sounded like pre-maid answers that were aimed at the facts. Obviously they do not yet see the value in practising. Maybe I could compare it to a sport, where learning the rules of the sport or its history is important, but not as much as the actual practise.

Today I went with my son to the library and borrowed 'Stepping into freedom' by Thich Nhat Hanh. It is unbelievable how much he writes. And so far I always liked his books.

No comments: